"self reflection or maybe not"
Her flyness @thatchicktima tagged me on this one , being the sport I am .. Decided to oblige.
1. I love fruity smells
2. I played basketball through out highschool and varsity
3. I love dancing , though the beat skips me and not the other way round.
4. I listen to non-mainstream music , go on soundcloud/ Sofar / mahogany sessions and listen to random artist
5. I believe in Love
6. Live by and stand by the notion ” do what you love and what makes u happy”
7. I want to build an empire. Probably make it to forbes front cover .
8. First day in school. Took the wrong school bus home. Ended up going back to school alone with the driver .
9. I love arts and crafts
10. Tried out a lot of DIY
11. I love my hijab, and turbans how it makes me feel and what it stands for
12. I am daddy’s lil girl
13. My mom is the world to me.
14. I love receiving gifts
15. I still believe in giving out birthday cards and gifts ..
16. I love NUTELLA
17. I am my brothers keeper
18. I love my tumblr and Pinterest more than any other social media networks
19. Ave won twice on business proposal/plans competition.
20. I get inspired by so many things and people around , and that’s what keeps the fire in me burning.(Motivated )
"I went down to the river,
I set down on the bank.
I tried to think but couldn’t,
So I jumped in and sank.
I came up once and hollered!
I came up twice and cried!
If that water hadn’t a-been so cold
I might’ve sunk and died.
But it was Cold in that water! It was cold!
I took the elevator
Sixteen floors above the ground.
I thought about my baby
And thought I would jump down.
I stood there and I hollered!
I stood there and I cried!
If it hadn’t a-been so high
I might’ve jumped and died.
But it was High up there! It was high!
So since I’m still here livin’,
I guess I will live on.
I could’ve died for love—
But for livin’ I was born
Though you may hear me holler,
And you may see me cry—
I’ll be dogged, sweet baby,
If you gonna see me die.”
Life is fine by Langston Hughes
Mark Bustos is a high-end New York City hair stylist who spends his weekends giving free haircuts to the homeless. Source
Good in this world , does exist
This is Africa, our Africa